[Gllug] Perl Developer Vacancy

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Wed Jan 14 10:03:38 UTC 2009

On 13 Jan 2009, Daniel P. Berrange outgrape:
> Using Perl as an OO language still beats other "true" OO languages for
> practical use. Python ? I have to waste time writing god knows how much
> boilerplate code for the object instantiation/getters/setters/etc. With
> Perl its all generated for me by Class::MethodMaker

You haven't been converted to the Way of Moose yet?

>> Java was build from the ground up to be object oriented.
>
> C++ is just OO bolted onto C as an afterthought. Is C++ any less OO than
> Java ?

Stroustrup has been insisting for decades that C++ was designed as a whole
with an eye to C compatibility rather than by bolting things onto C until
they overflowed. Nobody listens to him...

--
`We must stand together and fight for our shared cultural heritage as a
 group of people who cannot stand together to fight for our shared
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk