[Gllug] Camalyn Vacancy Posts

Martin A. Brooks martin at hinterlands.org
Thu Jan 29 22:29:43 UTC 2009

Hello James

( CC'd GLLUG, right to reply and all that )

jt at camalyn.org wrote:
> I don't think that I will ever post to the list again.

Your choice, your loss also.

>   I did try and advise that Camalyn was not an agency and that we do not recruit for
> positions that have a salary or budget in place for.

You patently act as an agency, whilst simulatenously denying your need
to act as we ask one to on-list.

> Its a shame as I have met some very interesting people via the list,
> perhaps we may have met in the future ourselves.

Time travel. Interesting.

> To suggest that I am a disgrace to my company and my profession is very
> harsh especially when you have never met me or worked with me.

Wrong. I have been on the receiving end of your attempts to randomly
recruit people.

> If you would like to meet with me for a coffee let me know and I we can
> discuss in person - consequently you may gain a better understanding of
> how I work and understand that the roles and method of recruitment I use
> means that the salary/ budget is not particularly of importance to the
> client, instead the actual person which is why I spend so long meeting
> candidates and clients and take extremely detailed job descriptions in
> person.

Yet these "extremely detailed job descriptions" don't tend to include
company names, or responsibility specifics, or locations, or salary.

This is the end of this conversation.

Martin.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk