[Gllug] Camalyn Vacancy Posts

jt at camalyn.org jt at camalyn.org
Fri Jan 30 00:34:57 UTC 2009

Martin A. Brooks wrote:

> You patently act as an agency, whilst simulatenously denying your need
> to act as we ask one to on-list.

Camalyn is not an agency. Consider it in the same way that GNU is not
Unix and Linux is not Unix.  As you probably know Unix and Linux share
architecture to a point, but they are very different creatures,
fundamentally different in their design and development.

> > Its a shame as I have met some very interesting people via the list,
> > perhaps we may have met in the future ourselves.
> >

> Time travel. Interesting.

I was in no way referring to time travel but I am very open to this
possibility and something I actually enjoy discussing and reading about.

> > To suggest that I am a disgrace to my company and my profession is
> very
> > harsh especially when you have never met me or worked with me.

> Wrong. I have been on the receiving end of your attempts to randomly
> recruit people.

I didn't see that I was doing anything wrong really. I thought I was
posting detailed job descriptions - but I do admit I did make a silly
mistake the last time (I think back in December 08) and forgot to
include the location, sorry for that :(

To help me understand better, are those members who are replying to my
posts, bringing me up on the fact that there is a lack of any salary
info, actually interested in the job themselves?

> > If you would like to meet with me for a coffee let me know and I we
> can
> > discuss in person - consequently you may gain a better understanding
> of
> > how I work and understand that the roles and method of recruitment I
> use
> > means that the salary/ budget is not particularly of importance to
> the
> > client, instead the actual person which is why I spend so long
> meeting
> > candidates and clients and take extremely detailed job descriptions
> in
> > person.
>
> Yet these "extremely detailed job descriptions" don't tend to include
> company names, or responsibility specifics, or locations, or salary.

It's not in my interest to include a "company name" on the job
description for obvious reasons.  There are always "responsibility
specifics" shown in my posts.  The "location" is always shown in my past
except the one before this one admittedly which I soon corrected.

I would love to continue to work with the GLLUG and continue to post, I
think that GLLUG is a rich source of people and that GLLUG should
benefit from me too.

Perhaps if I attend the GLLUG this Saturday some members may like to
have a chat with me, perhaps a few beers.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk