[Gllug] Government Gateway

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Thu Jan 29 23:49:00 UTC 2009

On Thu 29 Jan, - Tethys wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 12:51 PM, Riq <riq at trw.org.uk> wrote:
>
> > I have not infrequently been asked to re-type 'digits'
> > where the original is alphanumeric.
>
> I have never yet successfully managed to log in to the government
> gateway. Every year, I think "oooh, I'll do my return online this
> year", and then after several days of pain, and arguing with HMRC
> about said inability, I give up and do it on paper.
>
> Tet

   I used the "Iceweasel" version of Firefox in Debian Etch. I had one
problem initially because I could not open the inline link to the terms and
conditions, but when I phoned I was told "that link never did work, use one
of the other links to the same page". No problems with the login, just the
contents of the online forms, because the words used by HMRC did not seem to
match the information I had been given by my bank.

Chris Bell NEW alternative address: chrisbell at chrisbell.org.uk
www.overview.demon.co.uk

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk