[Gllug] VACANCY: MySQL Database Architect (Reading, Berkshire, UK)

- Tethys tethys at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 17:30:01 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 3:24 PM, jt at camalyn.org <jt at camalyn.org> wrote:

> camalyn is not an agency but an open source recruitment consultancy - i
> have tried to make this clear in the past. the 2 are very different.

The thing is, they're really only different in your eyes. To the rest
of us, you're an intermediary that matches up applicants to vacancies.
Whether you choose to call yourself an agency of a recruitment consultant,
there really doesn't seem to be much of a difference.

> i did mention a business type in my first sentence.

"technology client" isn't really very descriptive on that front...

>> * no salary range
>
> this was also referred to in my post, albeit that people should contact
> me if they would like to discuss the role and that also included the
> salary.

This despite being told explicitly on several occasions that you are
required to state the salary in the posting. You may have your reasons
for not doing so, and may believe they're valid. Maybe you think you'll
get less business by doing so. But even if that is true (and I'm doubtful
of that) the fact is that the rules for posting on this list dictate that
you need to state the salary, for what many of us believe are very good
reasons. You've claimed in the past that you're trying to play nicely
with the GLLUG community. If that's the case, then please either abide
by our rules or stop posting here.

Tet

--
Perl is like vise grips. You can do anything with it but it is the
wrong tool for every job. -- Bruce Eckel
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk