[Gllug] Hi!

David Damerell damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Fri Jul 10 01:15:03 UTC 2009

On Friday, 10 Jul 2009, Nix wrote:
>This is so much not true in the free software community (especially the
>free software developer community) that I actually know more male->female
>transsexual free software developers than born-female ones! The male-over-
>female bias is that extreme.

Or, the "Rule of Dave" expresses a similar fact.

>The cause of this bias remains unclear :/ it's not as if free software
>developers are *more* sexist than other groups,

Well, yes and no. Try expressing, in a corporate context, the opinion
that upskirt photos are just harmless fun, and see how fired you get.
Conversely, apparently, free software developers are willing to
seriously advocate that point of view.

Today is Second Sunday, Presuary - a weekend.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk