[Gllug] Hi!

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Fri Jul 10 21:08:22 UTC 2009

On 10 Jul 2009, David Damerell told this:

> On Friday, 10 Jul 2009, Nix wrote:
>>The cause of this bias remains unclear :/ it's not as if free software
>>developers are *more* sexist than other groups,
>
> Well, yes and no. Try expressing, in a corporate context, the opinion
> that upskirt photos are just harmless fun, and see how fired you get.

Well, yes, or at least a really big talking to. (Personally I'd prefer
to see you locked in a small room with every female on the staff. When
you get out you are unlikely to say anything like that again.)

> Conversely, apparently, free software developers are willing to
> seriously advocate that point of view.

Even in the horrible LWN thread I pointed to, nobody went that far.
When did this happen?
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk