[Gllug] Cost of RedHat vs Ubuntu desktop support

David Damerell damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Tue Jul 7 11:13:11 UTC 2009

On Tuesday, 7 Jul 2009, Alan Pope wrote:
>I'm not convinced you'd even _have_ to pay $900 for _every_ desktop.
>Maybe for every build, or every model & build, not not every machine.

Only if:

a) you have iron discipline about keeping your machines of every
build-model pair absolutely identical so you always can reproduce the
problem on the supported machine.

b) you don't work for an organisation that has a lot of headspace
invested in the traditional model of software licensing and won't
hence vomit up its skull at the idea.

--
David Damerell <damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk> Distortion Field!
Today is Second Thursday, Presuary.