[Gllug] Domain registrars

James Laver jjl at jameslaver.com
Tue Jul 28 21:29:26 UTC 2009

On 28 Jul 2009, at 19:25, Richard Jones wrote:

> gandi.net
>
> Rich.

gandi are used by a lot of big name open source projects (e.g. Perl,
where they had one major cockup in the past year (though it's the only
one I've heard of, it did take down several important Perl sites for ~
24 hours)).

Personally I'm very happy with namecheap (and I've bought a LOT of
domains through them) . I hear their service is great if you need to
phone them too. And they have an API. But generally I've found them
hassle free, unlike GoDaddy (who didn't finish processing the order
for some domains and then ended up registering them for themselves(!!)).

--James
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk