[Gllug] Wireless and Linux

Caroline Ford caroline.ford.work at googlemail.com
Sat Jul 25 16:29:59 UTC 2009

Hi

The router isn't the issue - it will be the adaptor. There may well be
support for the adaptor - it will depends on what chipset it is using.
Different manufacturers can use the same chipset and to make things
more confusing - some devices can have different chipsets in different
versions!

What happens when you use the adaptor- does it not find it?

If you type ifconfig into the terminal from Ubuntu what does it say?

Caroline

Sent from a mobile device.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk