[Gllug] Wireless and Linux

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Sat Jul 25 19:33:24 UTC 2009

Johannes,
  this wireless adapter will work with openSUSE, but it involvs some
downloading and compiling:
http://forums.opensuse.org/network-internet/wireless/390355-opensuse-11-0-netgear-wg111t-not-working.html

Here's an idea - get a copy of the live CD for openSUSE.
Boot your laptop from that and test to see if everything works OK.
With a live CD you do not need to install anything on a hard drive.
http://en.opensuse.org/Live_CD

I would very much encourage you to use openSUSE - I use it on my
desktop systems and like it very much.
I've got to say it though - if the only thing holding you back from
using Linux is a USB network adapter for which there are no native
Linux drivers, then consider buying another brand of adapter. This has
the effect of saving you time, and rewarding manufacturers who produce
good kit.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk