[Gllug] web site costs

John Levin john at technolalia.org
Sun Jul 12 16:09:14 UTC 2009

Lucy Peters wrote:

>      >> A charity tends to want to conserve money.
>      >>

>     The charity that I involved is a resident association with a lot of
>     disabled tenants. We would like to communicate and get feedback from
>     our disabled tenants so that we can make plans to improve their
>     quality of life. We don't have a large budget and team of expert
>     staff. How can we manage a web site on limited resources?
>
>     Lucy

Have you considered wordpress.com? Free software goodness, free hosting,
quite user-friendly for administration and the comments system may
substitute for forums. There's a number of free email list services like
http://messagebot.com/ - I presume there's ways of inserting a signing
up form onto the wordpress blog. That's the absolute minimum (i.e. no
cash) I can think of.

HTH

john

--