[Gllug] Hi!

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Sat Jul 4 12:20:28 UTC 2009

On 29 Jun 2009, Isabell Long spake thusly:
> 2009/6/28 Nix <nix at esperi.org.uk>:

>>> Oh dear, don't say that loud, the ogres around here are going to hear you ....
>>
>> It's basically like Debian.
>>
>> (are the ogres coming for me too now?)
>
> Yeah, it's built on Debian anyway isn't it?

Oh yes, but because Canonical is involved it has lost its holy Debian
aura: everything it does which is not like Debian is Wrong Wrong Wrong.

Or something like that.

(Yes, it's very silly. I'd understand it if these were RH-fixated people
comparing Ubuntu to RH, or something, but Debian?)

>> e.g. this horrendous thread <http://lwn.net/Articles/252073/> has many
>> stunning examples of otherwise excellent contributors revealing
>> themselves to be sexist twits. And there are a *lot* of them, and they
>> come out of the closet whenever gender issues come up, and they seem to
>> consider 'someone being female' to be a gender issue :(
>
> Heh, I thought it was best to mention it.

Yeah, well, in my case your name confuses me: I grew up next to an
Isabelle, so it looks misspelt whenever I see it!
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk