[Gllug] regular spam

Chris Bell chrisbell at 3966.ukfsn.org
Sat Jul 4 08:50:15 UTC 2009

On Fri 03 Jul, Justin Perreault wrote:

> I have started reporting abuses to the likes of yahoo and gmail. Simply
> forward the email to abuse at yahoo.com or whatever major free email
> provider. They generally respond with an auto generated response so I am
> guessing that if enough complaint come in for an address they look into
> it. It might not help but hopefully it does.
>
> Good luck,
> Justin

   I received a few junk emails posted from the same IP address in China via
MSN with the return email address of a friend in the UK. I sent a report to
MSN pointing out that they originated in China, and received a reply from
MSN that they had blocked the friend (no mention of China). I then sent a
second email with a reference to the first and discovered that they appeared
to have blocked me as well.

Chris Bell NEW address: chrisbell at chrisbell.org.uk
www.chrisbell.org.uk (was www.overview.demon.co.uk)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk