[Gllug] Hi!

Hari Sekhon hpsekhon at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 6 16:45:34 UTC 2009

- Tethys wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 5:11 PM, william pink<will.pink at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> I have no regrets choosing Ubuntu it does everything I require
>> which I am sure Redhat would do to but I personally don't think
>> it could do it any better.
>>

> Yikes. That comment scares me. It's not just that there are many, many
> flaws in Ubuntu that I run into fairly frequently. It's more that I'm
> a *long* way from having an OS that I don't think could be improved,
> regardless of the distribution. I use RH based distributions because
> I find them to have fewer flaws than other distributions. But to claim
> I can't think that it could be improved? No, I can think of plenty of
> ways (and I wish they wouldn't be closed as NOTABUG so frequently...)
>
> Tet

I thought he meant that Redhat couldn't do it any better than Ubuntu...

Having returned to redhat after some years, I also thought it had less
flaws than other distros, at least for servers + automation which is my
focus. I'm relieved to have another experienced admin say that... so I'm
not off in my own universe it seems... what a relief! :-)

-h

--
Hari Sekhon
http://www.linkedin.com/in/harisekhon