[Gllug] Hi!

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Mon Jul 6 15:31:56 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jul 06, 2009 at 04:13:25PM +0100, william pink wrote:
> I use Ubuntu Ubuntu 8.04.1 Server for all servers and have no problems what
> so ever so I would like to know why you think I should know better, as your
> linkedin says you would like to pursue skills in Windows 2008 / Exchange
> 2007 which makes me doubt the credibility of your reply somewhat ;)
>
> If only people could explain themselves more it wouldn't make them look like
> such buffoons.

Ad hominem attacks aside, the long term support for RHEL really is
long term (7+ years).  How will an Ubuntu server -- ordinary or LTS --
receive security updates when it is nearing 5, 6, 7 years old?

Will you bet your company that Canonical will still be around that
long, given that their current business is heavily loss-making?  I
posted some figures about this previously here:

http://lists.gllug.org.uk/pipermail/gllug/2009-April/077677.html

Rich.

--
Richard Jones