[Gllug] Introducing the Google Chrome OS

Hari Sekhon hpsekhon at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 8 08:59:03 UTC 2009

James Laver wrote:
> On 8 Jul 2009, at 09:11, Ken Smith wrote:
>

>> http://googleblog.blogspot.com/
>>
>> This will make life interesting.....
>>

> Other than that, other sources seem to say it's just an OS that ships
> a browser. How revolutionary...

In a web driven world, I think we could do with this.

Last night I had to get my laptop up and running for my wife to use it
in bed, getting past 5 different passwords through
boot/encryption/login before getting to a browser on my highly
customized and secure linux laptop leaves me gagging for an OS that has
nothing on it but a browser, switches on it seconds and doesn't require
much if any patching or security thoughts.

"It just works" should be changed to "It just browses"

May not be revolutionary in your opinion but I think this is a game
changer for people that don't need local junk and local problems. The
Web2.0 generation, where local state was so last decade. I think my wife
would absolutely love this.

If they release this open source, I'll be installing it asap for her on
a new eeepc or something.

-h

--
Hari Sekhon