[Gllug] Cost of RedHat vs Ubuntu desktop support

gllug at jameslaver.com gllug at jameslaver.com
Tue Jul 14 10:00:18 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 10:31:27AM +0100, Hari Sekhon wrote:
> How about a happy balance - you and your close colleagues in IT get to
> install what you like, but you restrict the users to the approved software?

I'm not sure "use whichever text editor i tell you to" is a happy balance. Thing is, most large companies don't let
people install what software they want to use. I quit a past job (when I was a permie) because I had to use lotus
notes. It was making my job miserable. If software can do that, it's about time you thought of your mental health and
quit, no?

--James
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk