[Gllug] Introductions to Databases

Richard Huxton dev at archonet.com
Thu Jul 16 09:57:06 UTC 2009

Steve Mynott wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 04:08:58PM +0100, Peter Corlett typed:
>> That's probably the sole reason why one might pick MySQL over PostgreSQL,
>> although it's fairly brittle on MySQL and may not give you the high level of
>> reliability you desire.
>
> Simple replication is promised in the next postgres release.
>
> In fact it's been promised for many next postgres releases.

Well, it was "hoped for" in the last release. Not sure it's ever been
"promised". Don't know who would be in a position to promise such a thing.

Of course what they're trying to get is: simple, reliable, flexible,
efficient replication working. One or two of those is easy, it's having
the lot together that's creating the work I think.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk