[Gllug] Cost of RedHat vs Ubuntu desktop support

Rob Crowther robertc at boogdesign.com
Sat Jul 11 18:43:51 UTC 2009

Nix wrote:
> They tried locking down Google as a proxy avoidance site once but the
> outcry was such that they had to reverse it instantly. One wonders
> what planet the idiot who decided to do *that* had been on for the
> previous ten years.

If it's the same system we have at the office (WebSense) then probably
no-one thought of it - the updated list of which sites go into which
category is downloaded automatically each night, the admins just select
which categories are blocked/on quota.  The list itself is supposed to
be 'human reviewed' by the vendor, but I suspect there's a large element
of automation involved.  Sourceforge comes under 'Software and Freeware
Download'.

Rob
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk