[Gllug] Introductions to Databases

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at workshy.org
Fri Jul 17 10:09:12 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 10:52:42AM +0100, Grzegorz wrote:
> > If it's high on the Postgres' hackers, it's about time! (Perhaps I
> > kicked a bit to get on with it?)
> >
> > Less superior-than-thou bashing and more replication I say!
>
> seriously, as postgresql expert - I am really annoyed by that sort of
> argument 'no replication built in, useless...' .
> Well, that sort of people still use windows. Like I always say,
> billions of flies cannot be mistaken....

Enough of these ad-hominem attacks; if you really are a Postgres expert,
you are not doing a good job as a representative of the community.  The
people making those arguments here clearly aren't using windows, have
some experience of the software, some logic behind their arguments and
deserve a better response than childish trolling.

--
Bruce

Bitterly it mathinketh me, that I spent mine wholle lyf in the lists
against the ignorant.  -- Roger Bacon, "Doctor Mirabilis"