[Gllug] Why can't I mount a hidden /.evolution directory through NFS?

Victor Churchill vchurchill at softwareshack.eu
Fri Jul 17 08:25:27 UTC 2009

2009/7/16 M.Blackmore <mblackmore at oxlug.org>:

> I'm still trying to figure out how to make remote x windows work to no
> success, also missing something obvious there I know it but what??

looks like there may be answers forthcoming from others about your NFS issue.

For the X side, "these days" it may not be necessary to pfaff around
too much with export DISPLAY etc.

I find that

user1 at client_lappy$ ssh -X desktop_box

{enter password for user1 at desktop_box}
welcome to desktop_box
user1 at desktop_box$ xclock &

should show a clock on yr lappy, for example.
This of course assumes you have sshd running on desktop_box. If you
set up passwordless authentication (man ssh-copy-id) it's all quite
painless.

Also, do you mind going OT and discussing chairs? A few years back I
had back probs too, surveyed the market and was lucky enough to grab a
bargain  Stokke Thatsit off eBay, which I find great. Looked at HAG
and others too, but all mucho $$$.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk