[Gllug] OT: Getting a libelous website taken down ...

Dylan dylan at dylan.me.uk
Thu Jul 2 16:07:23 UTC 2009

On Thursday 02 July 2009, Simon Wilcox wrote:
> On 2/7/09 16:37, Dylan wrote:
> > I have been informed of a defamatory website aimed at myself and others.
> > I'm, obviously, not prepared to reveal the address or content on an open
> > forum but can any of you give me some advice as to which people to
> > contact in an attempt to have it removed? What are my chances?
>
> Have you contacted the site owners and asked to have the content removed ?

No, but I can be fully confident it will fall on deaf ears when I do. WHEN I
do, mind you, but as elsewhere suggested legal *advice* will be sought first.

> Is the content knowingly defamatory or is it just inaccurate/profane ?

It is knowingly defamatory, in my opinion - legal advice again ...

Dylan
--
“ ‘... but there is so much else behind what I say. It makes itself known to
me so slowly, so incompletely! ...’ ”
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk