[Gllug] regular spam

Justin Perreault justinperreault at dl-jp.com
Fri Jul 3 01:41:49 UTC 2009

I am not sure why I missed the original posting. So I am responding
here.

On Wed, 2009-07-01 at 22:15 +0100, John Winters wrote:
> Lucy Peters wrote:
> [snip]
> > Can you help me to unsubscribe from them?
>
> No.  Never, ever respond in any way to any spam message - it merely
> confirms that your mail account is live and being read and thus gives
> more reason for you to get more spam.

Yes to what everyone else is saying about not responding to the email.

I have started reporting abuses to the likes of yahoo and gmail. Simply
forward the email to abuse at yahoo.com or whatever major free email
provider. They generally respond with an auto generated response so I am
guessing that if enough complaint come in for an address they look into
it. It might not help but hopefully it does.

Good luck,
Justin

--
If you are an adult, you can choose to act like a child. If you do not
accept being an adult, you are only a child. -JJJ

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk