[Gllug] Fedora 11 gets it wrong

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 10 10:46:03 UTC 2009

2009/6/10 Peter Corlett <abuse at cabal.org.uk>:

> Dealing with Red Hat-derived systems is soul-destroying after having used
> something as well-assembled as Debian. Why would I care to learn about a
> third-rate system that I'm never going to use willingly? If I wanted to do
> that as a career move, it'd be far more lucrative to gain a high level of
> expertise in Winows or Solaris instead.

Let's stop the distro wars right here.
The strenght of Open Source is that there is a multiplicity of
alternmatives, and you can always take the code and fork your own
version.
So Linux is stronger in having multiple choices of distro - ranging
from embedded distros, throug cut down distros using ulic and busybox,
up through desktop-oriented distros to server distros.

I personally am getting really sick and tired about the knee-jerk
"Debian good" "Ubuntu - its the only choice really" attitude on this
list.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk