[Gllug] iPAQ h5450

Benjamin Donnachie benjamin at py-soft.co.uk
Fri Jun 12 18:22:01 UTC 2009

2009/6/12 MJ <mirojrsc at yahoo.co.uk>:
> Recently was given one of those but on test found it is silent like dead parot. Has anybody got one of those and I can bring mine to test what is wrong with it. If recoverable will load Linux on it to join my list of handhelds next to SL-5500.

Sometimes they can be very fiddly to get going once completely flat.
Leave it on charge for about an hour, then remove the battery and
replace, and then leave on charge again for about an hour.  Repeat a
few times and also try leaving on charge overnight.

I almost binned a 5450 a few years ago thinking it was completely dead
but going through this procedure it eventually responded.

Ben
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk