[Gllug] sendmail issue

Adrian McMenamin adrian at newgolddream.dyndns.info
Mon Jun 8 14:42:11 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-06-08 at 11:22 +0100, Richard Huxton wrote:
> Martin A. Brooks wrote:
> > On 07/06/2009 15:21, Adrian McMenamin wrote:
> >> I just cannot see where I have configured this wrongly nor has a trawl
> >> through the bat book helped.
> >>
> >> So I am essentially in search of a clue. Any ideas as to where I should
> >> look for the configuration error? (Please don't say it is using sendmail
> >> in the first place - not big, not clever :))
> >>

> > Not using exim in the first place? :)
>
> Even though it's not what you want to hear, Martin's right. Except he
> has misspelled "postfix".

OK. Well, I *think* I have fixed this. There was some procmail recipe I
was using that was resubmitting the emails to spamc. I don't know why I
did that before (but it worked well enough) but now I have removed it I
don't seem to have an issue.

I know that sendmail is ludicrously complex and I have used exim before
and it was a joy. But I didn't want to break it all down and start again
in this instance.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk