[Gllug] BBC pgm on FOSS

pavithran pavithran.s at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 12:22:25 UTC 2009

2009/6/15 John G Walker <johngeoffreywalker at yahoo.co.uk>:

> On Mon, 15 Jun 2009 00:45:44 +0100 Jose Luis Martinez
> <jjllmmss at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> Some people complain if one top posts....
>>

>> On Sun, Jun 14, 2009 at 10:10 PM, pavithran<pavithran.s at gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>> > Please don't Bottom post .
>> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style#Trimming_and_reformatting
>> >

>> And now you are complaining because somebody else is bottom
>> posting....
>>

>> Argh ....
>
> The text referred to in the URL doesn't seem to have anything to do
This is what I meant by bottom posying . Ie quoting more than what's
needed . What most people do is click at the bottom portion of mail
and type their content . It bcomes hard to read especially with a mail
client which supports threads .
> with bottom posting, either for or against. It's about deleting
> irrelevant parts of the post replied to. Pavithran seems to have noted
> what it says, at any rate,
I would like quotes to be this way . Quoting only whats needed .

I apologise for two things :
*Interrupting the flow of conversation in thread .
*Not expaining what I meant by bottom posting and why I gave that link ..

Regards,
Pavithran

--
pavithran sakamuri