[Gllug] sendmail issue

Martin A. Brooks martin at hinterlands.org
Sun Jun 7 15:03:14 UTC 2009

On 07/06/2009 15:21, Adrian McMenamin wrote:
> I just cannot see where I have configured this wrongly nor has a trawl
> through the bat book helped.
>
> So I am essentially in search of a clue. Any ideas as to where I should
> look for the configuration error? (Please don't say it is using sendmail
> in the first place - not big, not clever :))

Not using exim in the first place? :)

This is, from my recollection, correct behaviour.

The whole "double delivery" issue is why sendmail and I parted company
when I started doing commercial spam filtering
(http://antibodymx.net/).  Double deliveries effectively destroyed, or
at least made extremely hard to recover, lots of information about the
provenance of the email in a way that was then useful inside the MTA's
logic language.  Hence I started learning exim and have never looked back.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk