[Gllug] LiVES 1.0.0-pre1 released !

salsaman at xs4all.nl salsaman at xs4all.nl
Tue Jun 16 10:59:22 UTC 2009

On Tue, June 16, 2009 11:46, Peter Corlett wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 09:08:23PM +0200, salsaman at xs4all.nl wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I am very happy to announce, here is LiVES version 1.0.0-pre1. All
>> features and APIs are now frozen for 1.0, only bug fixes will be made
>> from
>> now on until after the 1.0 release.
>
> You post these regular announcements assuming that people here know what
> LiVES is and that we might care about it. Given that "lives" is an English
> word, it's rather hard to google for.
>
> Add an introductory paragraph to tell us all what it is and why we might
> be
> interested. Otherwise people are going to remain unenlightened and you've
> lost potential users.
>
> --

Well, as you say, you can google for it, at least here, it comes up as the
first hit for "LiVES". Or you could try following the URL in my sig.

Or perhaps you may have heard of LiVES - it is the best (probably) and
most popular video editing software for Linux.

The reason I post updates here is because I gave a presentation on it at
gllug. Admittedly it was a couple of years ago, so perhaps before your
time. But I assume that some people remember and are still interested.

Also, the subject of video editing under Linux comes up now and again on
the list, so I assume (maybe wrongly) that people are interested in the
current state of development of Linux video software.

If people object to my posting here then please say so, and I will stop
posting news of new releases.

Regards,
Salsaman.
http://lives.sourceforge.net