[Gllug] here we go again... (was: Light weight GUI for Linux)

Adrian McMenamin adrian at newgolddream.dyndns.info
Wed Jun 24 08:32:20 UTC 2009

On Wed, June 24, 2009 6:54 am, Andy Millar wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-06-24 at 06:43 +0100, Phil Reynolds wrote:
>> (b) on a certain newsgroup, when my response is to a message by a
>> particular user who has a screenreader not designed to handle
>> conventionally constructed followups.
>
> Sadly this also includes a lot of mobile email devices.

The reality of the commercial (at least non-tech) world is that top
posting is the norm.

The tendency to bottom post is strong in me - I sent my first emails in
1984 and bottom posting was the natural thing to do then and now afaiac
but it does mark me down as an eccentric user to many and, on occassion,
has led to the complaint that I have just replied to people by sending
them back their original.

By the way, if your response to this is to say "just change the culture of
the company" then you need to get out more.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk