[Gllug] experiences with mobile broadband devices?

Christof Meerwald cmeerw at cmeerw.org
Mon Jun 29 17:18:01 UTC 2009

On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 15:02:12 +0100, Jason Clifford wrote:
> Generally it works OK. It's not a viable replacement for real broadband
> as the speeds are not very high and latency can be horrible.

What pings/latency do you get from your connection? A friend of mine
mentioned some time ago that pings over his mobile broadband connection were
just around 60-70 ms (which sounds acceptable to me) over HSDPA/HSUPA (in
Austria via T-Mobile).

Isn't part of the problem that the UK networks don't widely support HSUPA
yet (and you just get HSDPA with higher latencies).

Christof

http://cmeerw.org                              sip:cmeerw at cmeerw.org
mailto:cmeerw at cmeerw.org                   xmpp:cmeerw at cmeerw.org
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk