[Gllug] OpenOffice Calc date formats

lesleyb at herlug.org.uk lesleyb at herlug.org.uk
Fri Jun 26 10:35:02 UTC 2009

Hi

Hope this is reasonably on-topic.

I downloaded a csv file with dates in the following format

Mon Jun 22 08:08:23 BST 2009

and couldn't work out an easy way of converting it to a date format.
I wanted to sort the data by date and it was a small data set
so I managed rather tediously to convert by hand.

I tried the datevalue function in Calc but the argument is invalid
(Err 502) despite various obvious hacks on the datetime string.

I'll need to repeat this operation so I want to find a solution.
I could do it nongraphically working solely on the csv file before it gets to
Calc but I was wondering if anyone knows a date/time function that would convert
on the fly in Calc?

Or do I need to write my own function/macro thing?

Regards

Lesley
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk