[Gllug] javascript problems ?

Caroline Ford caroline.ford.work at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 18 18:46:01 UTC 2009

2009/6/18 John Edwards <john at cornerstonelinux.co.uk>:
> On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 05:32:55AM -0500, Lucy Peters wrote:
>> I use ubuntu 9.04 and firefox 3.0.11. I have noticed recently when I open
>> the web email a box often appears in the middle of the screen and the
>> header said “javascript application" . There was a triangle warning
>> symbol and the message said " warning: unexpected msg classname:X0uMP" .
>> I have to click ok over ten times to get rid of the box. The email that I
>> opened were just regular text emails which I haven't had any problems
>> until now.
>>

>> Do you know how to fix this problem?
>
> A quick Google for the error message get this recent discussion:
>  http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/gmail/thread?tid=37d3ed3cfaa96a69&hl=en
>
> With reports of the problem from different versions of Firefox on
> different operating systems starting from yesterday (17 June).
>
> I haven't seen it myself on Gmail, but I don't use it a lot.
>
> Given it is a recent problem and across most systems, I would
> guess that the problem is cause by a change in the Gmail code.

I haven't got it here. Are you using the version of firefox that comes
with Ubuntu?

Ubuntu 9.04 does have that version, but using unofficial packages can
cause problems.

secret at shiny:~/cvs/tuxpaint$ rmadison firefox
   firefox | 3.0.8+nobinonly-0ubuntu3 |        jaunty | all
   firefox | 3.0.11+build2+nobinonly-0ubuntu0.9.04.1 | jaunty-security | all
   firefox | 3.0.11+build2+nobinonly-0ubuntu0.9.04.1 | jaunty-updates | all

Caroline
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk