[Gllug] Wrist support

Jose Luis Martinez jjllmmss at googlemail.com
Sat Jun 13 12:45:40 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 10:37 AM, Matthew King<matthew.king at monnsta.net> wrote:
> I don't use my mouse much, but when I do my wrist starts to ache. It's
> nothing major yet, but I want it to get better not worse, so what
> methods of support do people here recommend?
>
> I never used to like those gel things (and currently don't even use a
> mouse pad) largely because they quickly got filthy but perhaps there is
> some merit to them now...
>
> Matthew

Use both hands (perhaps at home use the right hand, at work the left
one, or mornings one, afternoons the other, etc).

Use different devices: mice, pen tablets, trackballs, trackpads,
connect a couple of different ones to your main computers and switch
between them often.

Basically what you want is to avoid repetitive movements as much as possible...
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk