[Gllug] Seeking some laptop advice

- Tethys tethys at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 16:37:11 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 4:28 PM, Christopher Hunter<cehunter at gb-x.org> wrote:

> Not in my case.  It's often a replacement for a desktop machine when I'm
> working either away from home or out of the office.
>
>> The screen size should bee at least 800 Pixel in vertical (eliminate
>> netbooks)
>
> Why?

I think you already answered that question in the paragraph above. A
small screen is acceptable for occasional use when out and about, but
it's essentially useless if you want to do real work. But then I'd say
that's a sentiment that applies to laptops in general. Inexplicably, I
seem to be in the minority there, though...

Tet

--
The greatest shortcoming of the human race is our inability to
understand the exponential function -- Albert Bartlett
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk