[Gllug] Hi!

David Damerell damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Mon Jun 29 14:43:17 UTC 2009

On Sunday, 28 Jun 2009, Matthew Smith wrote:
>  I recall seeing people debate on the Usenet groups in the mid-1990s
>and one of them said he didn't use a word processor; he used LaTeX for
>all his text-producing needs, which struck me as both rather macho and
>toffee-nosed towards people who don't want to learn a new markup
>language just to write a letter.

Who would learn a new markup language just to write a letter?  No-one.
But who only has to write one letter in their life?

I don't use word processors either. You may decry that as "rather
macho and toffee-nosed" but it does happen to be true. Would you
prefer I lied about it?

Today is First Thursday, Presuary.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk