[Gllug] PDF creation

Peter Childs peterachilds at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 13:49:17 UTC 2009

2009/6/24 Martin N Stevens <budgester at budgester.com>:
> 2009/6/24 Alain Williams <addw at phcomp.co.uk>:
>> On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 11:21:30AM +0100, John Winters wrote:
>>> On Wed, 24 Jun 2009 11:08:06 +0100, James Courtier-Dutton
>>> <james.dutton at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> [snip]
>>>
>>> Can you provide any pointers on how to get started using OOo in a headless
>>> way?  I don't think I've come across any clues about how to do it and it
>>> could be useful.
>>
>> +1
>
> Yes this sounds very interesting

Linux Format have been doing a series of articles on how to automating
bits of OOo.

It goes down to open document files are just zip files, containing
xml, a bit like jar files for java. Unzip them, edit the contents
using standard text editing tools and rezip.

OOo has command line options see help, so to print an openoffice
document without loading OOo just -p filename  works.

OOo has an API see http://api.openoffice.org/ never used it but it looks useful.

Peter.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk