[Gllug] Thoughts on secondhand server guide price

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Tue Jun 16 15:03:37 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 03:50:29PM +0100, william pink wrote:
> We have a IBM eServer xSeries 445 that we no longer require and are
> waiting to sell it to purchase other kit, the only problem I have is
> knowing what it is worth?

Typically between a third and two-thirds of what you could buy a new machine
of similar spec for.

> It is a Intel Xeon 3.0Ghz Quad core with 12Gb of memory and two 156Gb SCSI
> disks. Any suggestions?

Under the Sun Startup Essentials programme, I can get an X2250 of broadly
similar spec for a little over a grand. So I'd probably be interested in
your system if it was under £500 and hasn't been thrashed into the ground.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk