[Gllug] install vuze 4.2.0.2

Caroline Ford caroline.ford.work at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 16 19:50:33 UTC 2009

The problem is using unofficial packages from getdeb. I presume you
installed vuze originally from getdeb, using gdebi.

Synaptic might list software from unofficial sources somewhere where
you could remove the old one.

You need to make sure the getdeb file is compiled for the correct
version of Ubuntu.

There is something called Cruft Remover which deletes random packages
which are not in the official repos.

It is very hard to support software from unofficial sources. Ubuntu
refuse to, getdeb might,

Caroline

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk