[Gllug] experiences with mobile broadband devices?

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Fri Jun 26 08:47:51 UTC 2009

On Fri, 26 Jun 2009 08:42:12 +0100, Dylan <dylan at dylan.me.uk> wrote:
[snip]
> It's fine for checking email or some occasional reference to the web, but
> in  no way a replacement for "real" broadband.

My experience is exactly the same.  When there's nothing else available
then it can be a lifesaver, but by no stretch of the imagination does it
qualify as a replacement broadband connection.

There is incidentally a nice program called something like "Vodafone Mobile
Connect Client" which drives these things very conveniently.  Don't be
deceived by the name "Vodafone" in the title - it's provider agnostic and
works fine with Three.

John

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk