[Gllug] Acer Aspire Revo - opinions

Ryan Cartwright r.cartwright at equitasit.co.uk
Mon Jun 15 22:37:29 UTC 2009

Hi all,

further to the netbook discussion, I was wondering whether anyone has
had a play with an Acer Revo L3600  ( 1.6 Atom, 8GB Solid State, 1GB
RAM, NVIDIA chipset (GeForce 9400) )?  Ebuyer have them at £149[1] (as
do others)

The Vista version comes with 160GB HDD (and £100 extra) but the Linux
one comes with 8GB solid state. I was thinking about it as a possible
home machine with USB optical and HDD units. I've read reports[2]
which say the distro is Ubuntu but Acer's site is confused claiming
both Ubuntu and Linpus (midn you it also say you get a trial edition
of MS Office 2007 and McAfee!). Also most reports seem to imply that
when the 8GB versions are sold out Acer will bring out a 160GB for the
same price, which sounds interesting but USB HDD are pretty cheap now
so storage is less of a worry.

comments/opinions anyone?

[1] http://www.ebuyer.com/product/161260
[2] http://www.osnews.com/story/21367