[Gllug] [OT] CPU Coolers / MS9620

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Sun Jun 14 06:50:36 UTC 2009

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> At work, my desktop machine is a dual opteron 250 machine built on a
> MS-9620 mother board (
[snip]

> Anyone know what replacement coolers I might be able to get for this MoBo ?

As you haven't taken one of the coolers off in the pictures it's
difficult to be certain but I would guess you have two options.

1) Leave the existing coolers in place and just replace their fans.  The
coolers look like quite good copper ones and it's only the fan which
actually makes a noise.  A good clean and a replacement high-quality fan
 (each) might make all the difference.

2) If you are going to replace the coolers you'll probably need to
remove the m/b from the case and then remove the cooler mounts from the
other side of the m/b.  That's what I've had to do when fitting new
heatsinks.

HTH
John

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk