[Gllug] RSI: Was VACANCY: Site Reliability Engineering

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Wed Mar 18 00:05:34 UTC 2009

On 17 Mar 2009, Stuart Children said:

> On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 11:17:57PM +0000, Nix wrote:
>> On 11 Mar 2009, Stuart Children verbalised:
>>
>> > I do use a tackball at home, and I asked our desktop people for one at work
>>
>> A tackball? Isn't that somewhat painful? ;)
>
> I take it you're not a fan then? :) I do find them less tiring - not having
> to grip/"carry" them around. Apart from FPS games, I can input with them no
> problem.

No, I still think that using a ball made out of tacks would be painful. Sort
of like a porcupine-trackball.

(I use a trackball myself, built into the keyboard... the only thing
it's not as good as a mouse for is playing Neverball, but I suck
mightily at that anyway so it's a very small loss. It's fine for World
of Goo!)
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk