[Gllug] Back-out plans on Debian/Redhat?

Rich Walker rw at shadow.org.uk
Sun Mar 8 20:41:27 UTC 2009

> Martin A. Brooks <martin at hinterlands.org> wrote:
>
> John Hearns wrote:
> > a) make a complete system backup PLUS bare metal boot CD/DVD using Mondo Rescue
>
> When Bruce was my boss he had me investigate Mondo as a part of the DR
> strategy.  It's hateful.
>
> I think the final straw for me was when it decided to display one dialog
> in l33tsp34k.  Someone writing a DR utility spent the time and effort to
> make it randomly display a dialog in l33tsp34k.

I  liked the fact that it appears to be at least quadratic and possibly
worse in the number of files. I made the mistake of trying to use it to
back up an entire machine - perhaps 100GB at that time - and I gave up
after a few days of waiting...

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk

rich walker         |  Shadow Robot Company | rw at shadow.org.uk
technical director     251 Liverpool Road   | skype: rich_at_shadow
need a Hand?           London  N1 1LX       | +44 20 7700 2487
http://www.shadowrobot.com/hand/
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk