[Gllug] wireless setup

Diana Scott dianascott1 at hotmail.co.uk
Sat Mar 7 20:26:21 UTC 2009

The iwconfig of the laptop is
iwconfig eth1
eth1      unassociated  ESSID:off/any
          Mode:Managed  Channel=0  Access Point: Not-Associated
          Bit Rate:0 kb/s   Tx-Power=20 dBm   Sensitivity=8/0
          Retry limit:7   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
          Power Management:off
          Link Quality:0  Signal level:0  Noise level:0

Please advise.

Diana

> Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 12:56:07 +0000
> From: gllug at lgeezer.net
> To: gllug at gllug.org.uk
> Subject: Re: [Gllug] wireless setup
>
> Diana Scott wrote:
>
> > When I used sudo lshw -c network and it shows that I have an ethernet
> > interface eth0 and a wireless interface eth1but it also said
> > wireless=unassociated
> >
> > Do you know how to setup the wireless connection ?
>
> Something along the lines of (as root:)
>
> iwconfig eth1 essid NAMEOFNETWORK key WIRELESSKEY
> --
> Alistair Mann
> --

All your Twitter and other social updates in one place
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/137984870/direct/01/