[Gllug] [O/T] Grr... new keyboard

Tethys sta296 at astradyne.co.uk
Sat Mar 14 23:37:03 UTC 2009

--------

Nix writes:

>> One day, I'll write a MUA that doesn't suck. I've been saying that
>> since 1996.
>
>Snap. (But it would have to run under Emacs, because I won't edit
>large amounts of text with anything else.)

Are you saying the emacs can't be used as a slave editor from a
separate MUA, and that the only sane way to edit email in emacs
is for the MUA to be written in Emacs Lisp? Yet another reason
to stick with vi, then :-)

I, too, have been meaning to get around to writing the One True MUA
since at least the mid-'90s. I haven't done it yet, either (largely
because MH is sufficiently close that I haven't needed to[1]).

Tet

[1] Yes, it has it's annoyances, and is pointlessly inconsistent with
    itself in places, but there's demonstrably nothing of show stopping
    magnitude, since I'm still using it 20 years on...
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk