[Gllug] To LLU or Not to LLU?

David Damerell damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Fri Mar 27 17:18:34 UTC 2009

On Friday, 27 Mar 2009, Juergen Schinker wrote:
>>Sure, if you're torrenting up the world you might want more, but you
>>can hardly expect the government to install infrastructure primarily
>>for criminal purposes;
>such a nonsense it hurts

Am I the only one thinking "such a nonsense it hurts" needs to be
superimposed on a humorous cat picture? Please speak English.

>torrent is a innocent protocol

A sawn-off shotgun is an innocent tool, but nevertheless the majority
of use made of them is criminal. I doubt anyone who isn't a halfwit
supposes that Bittorrent use is mostly legitimate with the occasional
drip of copyright violation here and there, even if you count uses in
things like the WoW updater.

Today is First Potmos, April.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk