[Gllug] To LLU or Not to LLU?

Christopher Hunter cehunter at gb-x.org
Fri Mar 27 17:24:30 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-03-27 at 17:11 +0000, Tethys wrote:
> --------
>
> Christopher Hunter writes:
>
> >For exactly the same reason that Bill Gates believed that 64 k "is
> >enough memory for anyone"!
>
> No he didn't:
>
> 	http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Bill_Gates#Misattributed

Actually, he did.  The quote was "640k is enough for anyone", and I was
there when he said it!  There was a small gasp from the audience, but in
those days, whatever Bill said was Gospel, so nobody challenged him.

Gates also said a lot of other stupid things - some of which I heard -
and often demonstrated that he was actually a (rather poor) salesman
rather than anything else.

C.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk