[Gllug] RSI: Was VACANCY: Site Reliability Engineering

James Laver gllug at jameslaver.com
Mon Mar 2 15:21:37 UTC 2009

On Mon, March 2, 2009 3:01 pm, Khusro Jaleel wrote:

> I was hoping you could elaborate a little on which chair you got
> (where and how much)? I'm trying to find a reliable and comfortable
> chair with 'all the twiddles' but haven't had too much luck.
>
> I would ideally like to go somewhere and sit on a few before buying
> one obviously but I'm not sure which places have a wide enough range
> of them?
>
> The obvious places like PC World, Staples, Ikea and Argos only have 1
> or 2 chairs that are better than the rest but those frequently don't
> have all the twiddles. I would especially like to be able to adjust
> the back of the chair, not just the height, for example.

Aeron. I still haven't figured out what the twisty knob whatsit is for.

Mine has height adjustable arms, adjustable lumbar support brace, gas
lift, recline limiting, this bizarre forward-recline that appears to be
for the uber-lazy geek who has trouble getting out of his chair and the
knob I don't know the purpose of.

Yes, they're expensive. And they're worth it.*

--James
* Especially if you work from home. I sadly, do not.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk